Alphalan 2mg Tablet
Alphalan 2mg Tablet is used to treat patients who have cancer. It has been known to increase the risk of developing other cancers. It may cause a severe decrease in your blood cell counts, which could lead to you developing anemia or bleeding problems, and lower the ability of your immune system to combat any infections. This increases your chances of developing a serious infection, or of worsening a previously existing one. Immediately consult your doctor if you develop any unusual growths or lumps, persistent sore Alphalan 2mg throat or fever or chills, any signs of infection, frequent and unusual bleeding and/or bruising, or unexplained fatigue or weakness. This medicine could affect fertility in both men and women, and make it harder for them to have a child after treatment. Also, taking this medicine during pregnancy could possibly result in birth defects of the baby.
Alphalan 2mg Tablet online is to be taken by mouth, administered once in a day. Unless told otherwise by your doctor, drink plenty of fluids to prevent any side effects. The dosage prescribed by your doctor is on the basis of your medical condition and your response to treatment. Make sure that you do not overdose on this medicine.
How to use Alphalan Tablet
How Alphalan Tablet works
Expert advice for Alphalan Tablet
- Melphalan to be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Drink at least two to three quarts of fluid every 24 hours, unless you are instructed otherwise.
- You may be at risk of infection so try to avoid contact with people with cold, fever or any other signs of infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight. Use sunscreen lotion and protective clothing.
- You may be monitored periodically for complete blood counts (at least one determination prior to each treatment course) during the course of treatment.
- Melphalan may increase the risk that you will develop other cancers. Talk with your doctor about the risks of taking Alphalan 2mg Tablet reviews.
- Do not take live vaccines if you are an immunocompromised patient.
- Use of melphalan is not recommended in children.
- Use with melphalan extreme caution if your bone marrow reserve have been compromised by prior irradiation or chemotherapy, or if your marrow function is recovering from previous cytotoxic therapy.
- Use appropriate contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy during melphalan treatment.
Side Effects of Alphalan 2mg
In addition to Alphalan 2mg Tablet side effects intended effect, Alphalan 2mg Tablet may cause some unwanted effects too. In such cases, you must seek medical attention immediately. This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. Please inform your doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to the medication.
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Hair loss
- Reduced blood platelets
- Decreased white blood cell count.
Storage of Alphalan 2mg
Patients must properly store the drug to retain its quality and efficacy. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
- Store Melphalan at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- Keep Alphalan tablets in the original bottle with the label attached and the child-resistant cap secured.
- If you’re driving, you may want to have certain medicines at hand, but don’t store them in the glove compartment, where they could be damaged from the heat, cold, or rain outside or from the car’s heater or air conditioner.
- Consider storing your medications separately from your other family members. This will make it less likely that you take the wrong ones by mistake.
- Do not use it if the original seal over the container opening is broken or missing.
- Store it in a cool and dry place. Improper storage can affect the effectiveness and shelf life of your Alphalan 2mg Tablet price in USA.