What is Erlocip 150mg?
How to use Erlocip Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Erlocip 150mg Tablet uses is to be taken empty stomach.
How does Erlocip work?
Erlocip 150mg Tablet work contain erlotinib, a potent inhibitor of tyrosine kinase, an enzyme that phosphorylates a protein inside a cell, which is the way many cell processes are regulated. Tyrosine kinases (TK) are cell surface receptors for many cellular messengers including growth factors and erlotinib in Erlocip tablets 150mg acts as a potent inhibitor of the Epidermal Growth Factor receptor (EGFR). EGF stimulates cell growth, proliferation and differentiation in normal cells. It acts by binding with high affinity to its cell surface receptor EGFR, which belongs to the TK family of receptors. When EGF binds to EGFR, the receptor undergoes a shape change, which activates TK activity by phosphorylation of its substrates within the cell and this is the first step in a complex cell signalling pathway involved in cell proliferation and survival. Normally EGFR activation is regulated and therefore, cell proliferation is controlled and programmed cell death (apoptosis) takes place. However, the mutation associated with NSCLC leaves the receptor in a state that is constantly activated or turned on (constitutively activated) even when EGF is not bound to the receptor. This results in cells that are stimulated to constantly proliferate and survive leading to NSCLC. Erlocip 150mg Tablet reviews Over-expression of the EGFR is thought to be associated with malignant transformation and metastasis of pancreatic cancer, due to the pancreatic cells being over stimulated to proliferate and grow. Erlotinib in Erlocip tablets 150mg works by blocking the intracellular phosphorylation of EGFR, which blocks the signalling pathway for cell proliferation and survival in NSCLC cells and pancreatic cancer cells. This action of Erlotinib in Erlocip tablets 150mg blocks the proliferation of the tumour cells and induces cell death, which results in tumour regression.
Erlocip Tablet – Side-effects
- Dry skin
- Decreased appetite
- Chest pain
- Erlocip Tablet may also cause side-effects not listed here.
When should Erlocip not be used?
You should not use Erlocip 150mg if you:
- are allergic to erlotinib or any ingredients in Erlocip
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- have kidney or liver disease
- are having immunisation with live vaccine
- use contact lenses and/or have a history of eye problems
- have gastrointestinal problems particularly diarrhoea as this can worsen with Erlocip
- have prior history of peptic ulceration or diverticular disease as this can increase risk of gastrointestinal perforation
- are a smoker
- have interstitial lung disease
- are taking medicines that interact with Erlocip, including corticosteroids and NSAIDs for pain and inflammation, statins for high cholesterol, anticoagulants like warfarin, the immunosuppressant cyclosporine, verapamil for hypertension, proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole, antifungals like ketoconazole, antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, erythromycin, clarithromycin.
How should Erlocip be stored?
You should store your Erlocip 150mg Tablet below 25°C in a cool dry place.
Buy Now: Buy Erlocip 150mg online
Buy related medicine: