Glizid 80mg used when other methods of treatment such as diet, weight loss and exercise have failed to produce the desired results. The dosage of Glizid 80 MG Tablet varies from 80 mg to 320 mg on a daily basis. If one is to take a dose more than 160 mg then the dose is divided into two equal parts. It is recommended to avoid modifying the dose without consulting the doctor. Also, in case you miss a dose, avoid taking two doses in order to compensate for the missed dose.
It is advised not to take this medication if you – are allergic to any of its ingredients; are breast feeding or pregnant; have an infection; affected by type 1 diabetes; have kidney or liver problems; have undergone surgery.
Glizid 80mg also has some side effects that are not experienced by everyone taking it. The side effects are – diarrhea, dizziness, stomach cramps, joint pain, gastrointestinal problems, headaches, increased skin sensitivity, vomiting and nausea. Consult a doctor if you experience these side effects. It is advisable to stop from consuming this medication any further if you experience the following – seizures, chest pain, unconsciousness and severe skin reactions such as peeling and blistering.
Do inform you doctor about other medications you are taking before starting a course of Glizid 80 MG Tablet. Glizid 80 MG Tablet also causes reactions like warmth, nausea and flushing if one consumes alcohol. It is also recommended to follow a proper diet alongside the medication.
How to use Glizid Tablet
How Glizid Tablet works
Major & minor Glizid 80mg side effects
- Nausea or vomiting
- Changes in vision
- Decreased heartbeat
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Elevated liver enzymes
Missed DoseThe missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dosage then the missed dose can be skipped.
OverdoseIt is recommended to discontinue the medicine and contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. Symptoms like dizziness, confusion, increased heartbeat, tremor and sweating after taking the medicine should be reported immediately.
Warnings for special population
– Glizid 80mg is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless absolutely necessary. Discuss all the risks and benefits with your doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor may prescribe a safer alternative based on your clinical condition.
– This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women. Your doctor may prescribe a safer alternative based on your clinical condition.
– Glizid 80mg is not recommended in the patients with hypoglycemia as it increases the risk of lowering of blood glucose levels. Inform the doctor if you experience any symptoms like dizziness, confusion or weakness.
Impaired kidney function
– Glizid 80 MG Tablet is not recommended in the patients suffering from a severe kidney imparement.
Impaired liver function
– Glizid 80mg reviews is not recommended in the patients suffering from a severe liver impairment.
– Glizid 80mg is not recommended in the patients with glucose-6-phosphate (G6PD) deficiency due to the risk of developing hemolytic anemia.
Buy related medicine: