How to use Novonorm Tablet
How Novonorm Tablet works
Weight gain, diarrhea, and joint pain may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Novonorm 0.5mg side effect can cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) especially if you are taking other medicines for diabetes. Consuming large quantities of alcohol, not getting enough calories from food, or doing unusually heavy exercise may also lead to low blood sugar. Symptoms may include chills, cold sweat, dizziness, drowsiness, shaking, fast heartbeat, weakness, headache, fainting, tingling of the hands or feet, or hunger. It is a good habit to carry glucose tablets or gel to treat low blood sugar. If you don’t have these reliable forms of glucose, raise your blood sugar quickly by eating a quick source of sugar such as table sugar, honey, candy, or drinking a glass of fruit juice or non-diet soda. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to find out what you should do if you miss a meal.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Recommended Dosage And Administration
The recommended starting dose for patients whose HbA1c is less than 8% is 0.5 mg orally before each meal. For patients whose HbA1c is 8% or greater the starting dose is 1 or 2 mg orally before each meal.
The Novonorm 0.5mg dosage range is 0.5 mg to 4 mg before meals, with a maximum daily dose of 16 mg. The patient’s dose should be doubled up to 4 mg with each meal until satisfactory glycemic control is achieved. At least one week should elapse to assess response after each dose adjustment.
Instruct patients to take PRANDIN within 30 minutes before meals. PRANDIN may be dosed 2, 3, or 4 times a day in response to changes in the patient’s meal pattern.
Dosage Forms And Strengths
- 0.5 mg tablets (white, biconvex tablets, embossed with the Novo Nordisk (Apis) bull symbol)
- 1 mg tablets (yellow, biconvex tablets, embossed with the Novo Nordisk (Apis) bull symbol)
- 2 mg tablets (peach, biconvex tablets, embossed with the Novo Nordisk (Apis) bull symbol)
Warnings and Precautions for Novonorm (0.5mg)
• Caution should be exercised Novonorm 0.5mg price in patients with history of adrenal, pituitary, liver, or kidney problems, high blood acid levels, high fever, poor nutrition, alcoholism, severe infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor fasting blood sugar and hemoglobin A1c level regularly while taking this medication.
How should it be stored?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Store in a dry place in order to protect from moisture. Store in the original package.
Do not use after the expiry date. The expiry date refers to the last date of that month. This is stated on the outer carton and the blister foil.
Novonorm 0.5mg price in usshould not be disposed of down the drain or in household rubbish. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.