Novonorm 1 mg Tablet is used to control high blood glucose levels in patients with type II diabetes. Patients are advised to follow a strict diet and exercise regimen along with this medicine for the best possible effect. Novonorm 1Mg Tablet is of anti-diabetic nature. It belongs to the meglitinides class of medicine. The drug is taken orally, along with a medically prescribed diet, exercise and significant change in lifestyle to obtain maximum benefits. It is important to abstain from smoking, and alcohol intake during and after the treatment period. Stress must also be controlled as it affects the blood sugar levels greatly. The drug is administered to control the sugar level in the blood, for the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes mellitus. It stimulates the body to produce more insulin that can help to bring lower and normalise the level of glucose in the body. This way, the medication also lowers the risk of kidney failure and cardiovascular diseases. The drug, however cannot be used for patients having Type 1 Diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. It is also not recommended for patients who are hypersensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients in the medicine.
How to use Novonorm Tablet
Take this Novonorm 1 mg use in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Novonorm 1mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Novonorm Tablet works
Novonorm 1 mg work Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas which prevents blood glucose from rising very high after meals.
Metabolic : Decrease Novonorm 1 mg side effect in blood sugar.
- Respiratory : Upper respiratory tract infection and inflammation of sinus/nose/lungs.
- Gastrointestinal : Nausea, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, and indigestion.
- Musculoskeletal : Joint pain and back pain.
- Other : Headache, tingling, chest pain, urinary tract infection, tooth disorder and allergy.
When is Novonorm (1mg) not to be taken? (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma, type 1 diabetes, co-administration with gemfibrozil, and known hypersensitivity.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if you have finished eating, skip the missed dose and continue with the next scheduled dose. Do not take extra Novonorm 1 mg price to make up for the missed dose.
Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
If you have an allergy to Novonorm 1mg or any other part of this drug. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs. Make sure to tell about the allergy and what signs you had. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs. If you have any of these health problems: Acidic blood problem or type 1 diabetes. If you are breast-feeding.
Warnings and Precautions for Novonorm (1mg)
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of adrenal, pituitary, liver, or kidney problems, high blood acid levels, Novonorm 1mg review high fever, poor nutrition, alcoholism, severe infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Monitor fasting blood sugar and hemoglobin A1c level regularly while taking this medication.
How should it be stored?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Store in a dry place in order to protect from moisture. Store in the original package.
Do not use after the expiry date. The expiry date refers to the last date of that month. This is stated on the outer carton and the blister foil.
Novonorm 1mg online should not be disposed of down the drain or in household rubbish. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Buy Related Product: