Oxitan 50mg is an anti cancer drug that is used to treat colon and rectum cancers of advanced stage along with other treatment options.
Oxaliplatin is used to treat cancer of the large intestine and rectum (colorectal cancer). It is used with two other anti-cancer drugs, fluorouracil (FU), and folinic acid. Cancer cells are normal cells which have changed so that they grow in an uncontrolled way.
Oxaliplatin works by interfering with cancer cell growth. Because of the similarities between cancer cells and normal cells, anti cancer drugs often have unwanted effects on the body. Your doctors have decided to treat you with Oxaliplatin because they believe that the benefit of Oxaliplatin treatment will be greater than the unwanted effects.
How Oxitan Injection works
Intake of Oxitan 50mg side effects might lead to some side effects, these include:
- Infection Of Nose Or Respiratory Tract
- Reduced Blood Cell Count Including Low Red Blood Cells
- Allergic Reactions
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Low Blood Potassium Level
- Blood Clot Within Deep Vein
- Inflammation Of Mouth And Lips
- Abdominal Pain
- Frequent Persistent Heartburn
- Rectal Haemorrhage
- Increased Sweating
- Bone Pain Or Stiffness
- Raised Liver Enzyme
- Injection Site Reaction
- Raised Blood Creatinine
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Blood Clot In Lungs
These symptoms whether minor or moderate need to be reported to the doctor immediately.
What if you miss a dose?
You need to take every dosage on time, in case you miss a dose, talk to your doctor and seek advice.
What if you overdose?
Although the chances of overdose are minimal, still if you take multiple doses get in touch with your doctor, a nearby pharmacist, a local poison or visit the nearest medical center.
Expert advice for Oxitan Injection
- Do not start Oxitan 50mg if your blood counts are too low or have weakness, numbness, disturbances of feeling or taste after taking oxaliplatin treatment, if you are taking 5-fluorouracil.
- Take precautions as oxaliplatin may reduce the ability of your body fight infections.
- Avoid situations that may put you at risk of bleeding as oxaliplatin can reduce clot forming cells in your body.
- Take necessary precaution as Oxitan 50mg online can make you more sensitive to cold, which can cause numbness, tingling, and muscle spasms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as oxaliplatin can cause nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and other neurologic symptoms.
Storage of Oxitan 50mg/25ml
Storage If you need to store Oxitan 50mg reviews before you take it with you to hospital, make sure that it is stored in a cool dry place where the temperature does not exceed 25 degree celcius Keep the vial in the outer carton in order to protect from light. Do not freeze. Do not use it after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the vial.
This is not all the information that is available on Oxitan 50mg online. If you have any more questions or are not sure about anything ask your specialist doctor or pharmacist. Shelf life: 2 years Shelf life after dilution after dilution of the solution in 5% glucose solution, chemical and physical in-use stability has been demonstrated for up to 48 hours at +2°C to +8°C and for 24 hours at +25°C. From a microbiological point of view, the infusion preparation should be used immediately.
Buy Now: Buy oxitan 50mg/25ml online
Buy related medicine: