Get emergency medical assist you probably have any of those indicators of an allergic response: hives; tough respiratory; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Though the chance of great negative effects is low when silver sulfadiazine is utilized to the pores and skin, negative effects can happen if the drugs is absorbed into your bloodstream.
Name your physician without delay you probably have:
- sudden weak point or in poor health feeling, fever, chills, sore throat, mouth sores, pink or swollen gums, hassle swallowing;
- simple bruising, uncommon bleeding (nostril, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or pink pinpoint spots underneath your pores and skin;
- pale or yellowed pores and skin, darkish coloured urine, fever, confusion or weak point;
- kidney problems–red or pink urine, little or no urinating, swelling, fast weight acquire;
- liver problems–nausea, higher abdomen ache, itching, drained feeling, lack of urge for food, darkish urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the pores and skin or eyes); or
- extreme pores and skin reaction–fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, pores and skin ache, adopted by a pink or purple pores and skin rash that spreads (particularly within the face or higher physique) and causes blistering and peeling.
This isn’t an entire record of negative effects and others could happen. Name your physician for medical recommendation about negative effects. You could report negative effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Silver Sulfadiazine Topical Interactions
Don’t take by mouth. Silver sulfadiazine topical is to be used solely on the pores and skin. If this drugs will get in your eyes, nostril, or mouth, rinse with water.
Different medicine could work together with silver sulfadiazine topical, together with prescription and over-the-counter medicines, nutritional vitamins, and natural merchandise. Inform every of your well being care suppliers about all medicines you employ now and any drugs you begin or cease utilizing.
Silver Sulfadiazine Topical Dosage
Observe all instructions in your prescription label. Don’t use this drugs in bigger or smaller quantities or for longer than beneficial.
Wash your palms earlier than and after making use of silver sulfadiazine cream.
The particular person making use of silver sulfadiazine to burn wounds ought to put on sterile disposable gloves. Take care to maintain the remedy space as clear as potential to stop additional an infection.
Clear the realm to be handled as directed by your physician. Apply sufficient silver sulfadiazine to cowl the affected space evenly. This drugs must be utilized in a layer about one 16th (1/16) of an inch thick, or 1.6 millimeters.
If wanted, apply extra cream to switch any drugs that has come off on bandages, clothes, or mattress linens. Reapply the cream after bathing or water remedy.
Silver sulfadiazine cream is normally utilized 1 or 2 occasions day by day. Burn wounds have to be stored coated with this drugs always. Handled pores and skin areas may be left uncovered, or chances are you’ll use a gauze bandage if directed by your physician.
Whereas utilizing silver sulfadiazine topical, chances are you’ll want frequent blood assessments. Your kidney perform may should be examined.
Use this drugs for the total prescribed size of time. Your signs could enhance earlier than the an infection is totally cleared. Skipping doses may improve your threat of additional an infection that’s immune to antibiotics.
Retailer at room temperature away from moisture and warmth.
An overdose of silver sulfadiazine topical is just not anticipated to be harmful. Search emergency medical consideration or name the Poison Assist line at 1-800-222-1222 if anybody has by chance swallowed the treatment.
Apply the missed dose as quickly as you bear in mind. Your burn wounds must be stored coated with silver sulfadiazine cream always.
For more information visit us our website: www.medypharma.com