- You are allergic to it or any ingredients that it has.
- You suffer from blocked stomach or bowel.
- You suffer from colon ulcers, chronic bowel or stomach conditions or inflamed bowels.
- You suffer from liver cirrhosis, or kidney problems.
Also inform your doctor about any medications that you are currently taking, as they may interfere with the action of Glucobay 50 MG Tablet. Example of such medicines are- anticoagulants like warfarin, calcium channel blockers like verapamil, insulin, digoxin etc.
Patients should be aware of some side effects which can occur as a result of taking Glucobay 50 MG Tablet, which include gas, pain in the stomach, bloatingand diarrhea. The side effects may be minor or may not occur at all depending from individual to individual.
When it comes to consumption of the drug, instructions on the prescription should be followed. Generally it is taken orally just before a meal. In case you happen to miss taking a dose of the drug, avoid taking two doses. Follow your normal dosing schedule only. The dosage of Glucobay 50 MG Tablet may range from 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg.
How to use Glucobay Tablet
How Glucobay Tablet works
Major & minor Glucobay 50mg side effects
- Yellow colored eyes or skin
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea or Vomiting
Missed DoseTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
OverdoseSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
Warnings for special population
– Glucobay 50mg is not recommended for pregnant women.
– This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding women.
Low blood glucose levels
– The risk of low blood glucose levels is more when taken with other antidiabetic medicines. Frequent monitoring of blood glucose levels is necessary. Dose adjustments are to be made if necessary.
Impaired liver function
– Glucobay 50mg dosage is reported to cause an increase in the liver enzymes like AST or AST. Frequent monitoring of liver function tests is necessary. Dose adjustments are to be made if necessary.
– Glucobay 50mg is not recommended in the patients with any gastrointestinal diseases like inflammatory bowel disease, colonic ulceration, partial intestinal obstruction or any chronic intestinal disease.
Buy related medicine: