Glycomet 500 SR works by decreasing the amount of glucose produced by the liver. It suppresses the quantity of glucose that the liver releases in the body. Thus, it lowers the blood sugar levels in the body of a patient suffering from Type 2 diabetes. Glycomet 500 MG Tablet SR also increases your sensitivity to insulin, enabling your body to absorb larger quantities of glucose. This drug is available in oral solution or even tablet form.
Glycomet 500 MG Tablet SR is an oral drug that is used to control and balance blood sugar levels. This medication is used in the treatment of conditions such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension and polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you do not manage the condition of diabetes, it can result in kidney failure, obesity and heart disorders. Therefore, Glycomet 500mg reviews helps keep your blood sugar levels low and your diabetes in check.
Glycomet 500 MG Tablet SR does not increase the amount of insulin in the body; instead, it decreases the production of sugar. The liver of patients, who suffer from type 2 diabetes, produces thrice the amount of glucose and their bodies do not have the capacity to absorb these large amounts of glucose. Glycomet 500mg side effects is effective in lowering the amount of glucose that the liver releases. It also decreases your appetite and increases your body’s sensitivity to insulin, thus, reducing the amount of glucose that is absorbed by your blood. An increased sensitivity to insulin also lowers your levels of cholesterol and helps you to lose weight.
Glycomet 500mg work is available in the form of tablets as well as oral solutions. The dosage that the doctor recommends for your treatment will be based on your age, your condition, the severity of your condition and the other medications you are currently taking. You should follow the course of this treatment until it is completed, and do not skip out on a dose.
In some cases, it is advisable for the patients of certain conditions to avoid taking this medication. You should inform your doctor before taking this medicine, if you suffer from conditions like liver disease, kidney disorders, heart disease, allergies and diabetic ketoacidosis. Pregnant women, women who are breast-feeding their infants and children below ten years should not take this medicine.
The common Glycomet 500mg sideeffects include diarrhea, dizziness, headaches, vomiting and stomach cramps. Consuming this medicine with food can lower your risk of developing the side effects. One rare yet major side effect of Glycomet 500 MG Tablet SR is lactic acidosis. It is build up of lactic acid in the blood, which can be fatal. This side effect causes symptoms such as muscle weakness, stomach aches, nausea, irregular heartbeat, difficulty breathing, cold or numb sensation in the arms and legs. You should seek emergency medical aid, if you detect any of these symptoms. It is important to avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine, since it can increase your risk of developing lactic acidosis.
How to use Glycomet Tablet
How Glycomet Tablet works
Major & minor side effects for Glycomet 500 MG Tablet
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Lactic Acidosis
- Chest discomfort
- Runny Nose
- Belching and Heartburn
- Swollen joints
Missed DoseTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
OverdoseContact a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. Some overdosages could lead to Lactic Acidosis which requires immediate medical intervention.
Warnings for special population
– Glycomet 500mg is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless absolutely necessary. All the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor may prescribe a safer alternative based on your clinical condition.
– This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. All the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor may advise you to discontinue breastfeeding or to discontinue the drug based on your clinical condition.
– Glycomet 500mg reviews may cause lactic acidosis, which may be fatal, in some patients. This risk is especially higher in patients suffering from heart diseases, kidney diseases, etc. Report any unusual symptoms to the doctor immediately. Replacement with a suitable alternative may be required based on the clinical condition.
– This medicine should be used with caution in patients with a known history of kidney disease due to the increased risk of worsening of the patient’s condition. Appropriate dose adjustments or replacement with a suitable alternative may be required based on the clinical condition.
– Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with this medicine due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects.
– Use of this medicine should be discontinued in patients exposed to stressful conditions such as a fever, trauma, surgeries, or accidents since it may not be effective in controlling blood sugar levels in these conditions. Replacement with a suitable alternative should be considered under your doctor’s supervision.
Type I diabetes
– Glycomet 500mg in usa is not recommended for use in patients suffering from Type I diabetes since it is not effective in treating such patients.
– This medicine may cause diarrhea when therapy is initiated. In most cases, diarrhea subsides by itself. Contact your doctor if the problem persists for longer durations. Therapy may need to be discontinued in some cases based on the clinical condition.
Vitamin B12 deficiency
– This medicine should be used with extreme caution in patients with vitamin B12 deficiency since it may worsen the patient’s condition. Appropriate vitamin B12 supplementation and dose adjustments may be required in some cases.
Buy related medicine: