How to use X Vir Tablet
How X Vir Tablet works
Expert advice for X Vir Tablet
- Do not discontinue taking entecavir without your doctor’s advice.
- Entecavir should be taken on an empty stomach. Please follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machines if you feed dizzy, tired or sleepy after taking entecavir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir if you have Kidney disease, any other liver disease or a liver transplant.
- Consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you have AIDS or HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Tests for HIV should be performed before taking entecavir in suspected individuals.
- Inform your doctor, if you have taken medicines containing active drug lamivudine (Epivir, Epzicom, Trizivir) or telbivudine. Inform your doctor about all medications you have received in the past for treatment of hepatitis B.
- Worsening of hepatitis B may occur while taking entecavir and upon discontinuation. Liver function tests must be conducted while on treatment and upon discontinuation.
- Immediately report symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and stomach pain to your doctor. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of entecavir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight.
Major & minor X Vir 0.5mg side effects
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
Missed DoseIf a dose of X Vir 0.5mg dosage is missed, take the dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed one.
OverdoseSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
General InstructionsDo not use X Vir 0.5mg instructions for any conditions other than those specified by the doctor. Do not share the medicine with anyone else. Report to the doctor all your medical conditions and current medicines before taking this medication. Report any undesired effects or lack of improvement to the doctor on priority.
Warnings for special population
– X Vir 0.5mg reviews is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless strictly indicated. The benefits and risks should be discussed with the doctor before using this medicine.
– This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. Your doctor may advise you to discontinue breastfeeding or to discontinue the medicine based on your clinical condition.
Exacerbation of Hepatitis B
– Discontinuation of X Vir 0.5mg price or any other anti-Hepatitis B therapy may cause severe acute exacerbation of the HBV infection. Monitoring of liver function is recommended for at least a few months after stopping the treatment with this medicine. Further initiation of anti-Hepatitis B therapy may be warranted in a few cases.
– X VIR 0.5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in patients who are infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and not on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) therapy for HIV due to the risk of development of resistance to HIV NRTIs.
– X Vir 0.5mg in USA is not recommended for use in patients with severe liver dysfunction due to the risk of lactic acidosis (increased acid in the blood). Frequent clinical monitoring for lactic acidosis is recommended while taking this medicine. Any symptoms like difficulty in breathing, irregular heartbeats, dark-coloured urine, and yellow colored skin and eyes should be reported to the doctor on priority.
Storage of X-Vir 0.5mg
Do not store above 30°C. Keep the bottle in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard X Vir Tablet.
Buy related medicine: